Affiliations

Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association

Family Motor Coach Association
C9132

American Watercraft Association

Family Travel Trailer Association

Family Campers & RVers

Advertisers

Find the lowest gas prices in your neighborhood!

Zip:   

125x125

CSP 120x60

Aviation Hunter

Looking to purchase a Used Class C... but so Many Prices????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werpennstate

PostPosted: February 4, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Looking to purchase a Used Class C... but so Many Prices???? Reply with quote

My wife and I are first time buyers and are on the hunt for our first Class C RV (more than exciting). We have rented a few times, and love everything about RVing. We have been trying to do our best researching and have put in considerable time already doing so (this forum has been a huge help). We are in the market for a 29+ foot used Class C, perferrably with at least a living room slide. Our budget is in the range of $35,000.

We have searched the net, and it seems prices are all over the map. We saw some postings on this forum, that stated for a new RV, you should pay 25-30% less than MSRP for a new Class C. We have been looking at the NADA in our search and prices seem to always be higher. Is there a general rule of pricing for used RV's, like the one for new RV's, for example, you will generally pay 10% less than the average price in the NADA (Just made that number up). We are just trying to close in more acturately on the listings we should be looking at.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, also if anyone has any thoughts on which is better...older with less miles, or newer with more miles. Thank you in advance for your time.

Can't wait to get out in our new RV.

Thanks,

Shawn
Harrisburg, PA

Go Lions!!!
rockhillmanor

PostPosted: February 5, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Looking to purchase a Used Class C... but so Many Prices???? Reply with quote

My vote would be for used one. There are so many variable to RV's, what you like what you don't. As a first time buyer are you sure you know what type of RV you need and like? I bought a brand new TT only to find out it wasn't the RV for me, bought a MH and now I am a Happy Camper!

Cruise around on rvsearch.com website and get a handle on what they are all selling for. It is pretty obvious which used ones are low, high or right on the money. There are 'plenty' of used ones with low miles on them out there for you to find.

Good luck in finding the perfect RV for you and your family. Welcome aboard. Very Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31 ft Four Winds
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
Wild_Weasel

PostPosted: February 5, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking to purchase a Used Class C... but so Many Prices Reply with quote

I found mine at www.rvhunter.com. You'll be able to search in your living area, for the type of rig you want, and within your price range.

werpennstate wrote:
My wife and I are first time buyers and are on the hunt for our first Class C RV (more than exciting). We have rented a few times, and love everything about RVing. We have been trying to do our best researching and have put in considerable time already doing so (this forum has been a huge help). We are in the market for a 29+ foot used Class C, perferrably with at least a living room slide. Our budget is in the range of $35,000.

We have searched the net, and it seems prices are all over the map. We saw some postings on this forum, that stated for a new RV, you should pay 25-30% less than MSRP for a new Class C. We have been looking at the NADA in our search and prices seem to always be higher. Is there a general rule of pricing for used RV's, like the one for new RV's, for example, you will generally pay 10% less than the average price in the NADA (Just made that number up). We are just trying to close in more acturately on the listings we should be looking at.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, also if anyone has any thoughts on which is better...older with less miles, or newer with more miles. Thank you in advance for your time.

Can't wait to get out in our new RV.

Thanks,

Shawn
Harrisburg, PA

Go Lions!!!
charliereed

PostPosted: July 6, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know what you mean. Trying to trade a Class A PUSHER for a Class C with 3 slides and the prices range from $27k-$75 used. Best to search the NADA for a particular unit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RV Hunter Forum Index -> Class C Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: